Personal Information Protection Policy
WareValley Co., Ltd places great importance on protecting the personal information of its data subjects. As such, it has established and follows a ‘Personal Information Processing Policy’ in order to abide by laws such as the Personal Information Protection Act.
Through the Personal Information Processing Policy, WareValley Co., Ltd alerts data subjects who provide their personal information to how the information is used, what the information is used for, and what measures are being taken to protect their personal information.
The sequence of this Personal Information Processing Policy is as follows.
- Article 1 Items of Personal Information for Collection and Collection Methods
- Article 2 Collection and Purpose of Personal Information
- Article 3 Storage and Use Period of Personal Information
- Article 4 Process and Method for the Destruction of Personal Information
- Article 5 Provision and Sharing of Personal Information
- Article 6 Handling and Entrustment of Collected Personal Information
- Article 7 Rights and Duties of Data Subjects and Methods for Exercise of Rights and Duties
- Article 8 Items on Installation and Operation of Automatic Personal Information Collection Tools and Denial Thereof
- Article 9 Privacy Officers
- Article 10 Methods to Ensure Safety of Personal Information
- Article 11 Notification to Changes in the Personal Information Processing Policy
- Article 1 (Items of Personal Information for Collection and Collection Methods)
- WareValley Co., Ltd provides data subjects with various services, and collects the personal information of these data subjects through the following methods in order to verify their identities.
Additionally, items such as records of service use, access logs, cookies, IP information, transaction records, and information on records of suspension of use may be created and collected during the process of using the company’s online services or the task handling processes of WareValley.
[Website Registration and Management]
- Required Fields: Name, email, Company Name
- Optional Fields: Name of Department, Position, Telephone Number, Mobile Phone Number, Fields of Interest, Purpose of Download, etc.
- Collection through website, written forms, etc.
- Article 2 (Collection and Purpose of Personal Information)
- WareValley Co., Ltd uses the collected information for the following purposes. All information provided by data subjects will be used only for the purposes described below, and prior consent will be obtained when making changes to the purpose of use.
[Website Registration and Management]
Personal identification and authentication according to confirmation of consent during registration and provision of membership system services, maintenance and management of member qualifications, prevention of illegal use of services, confirmation of agreement from legal guardian when handling personal information of children under 14 years of age, various notifications and announcements, problem handling, etc.
[Provision of Goods or Services]
Delivery of products, provision of services, delivery of contracts and bills, provision of contents, provision of customized services, user authentication, user age authentication, payments and balances, credit collection, etc.
- Article 3 (Storage and Use Period of Personal Information)
- Upon receiving a request from a data subject or achieving the intended purpose of the collection or provision of personal information, the data subject’s personal information will be destroyed without delay. However, in the case that the personal information falls under the following purposes, the personal information will be stored even if the data subject requests its destruction.
[Website Registration and Management]
Stored until the cancellation of membership from the website (In the case that a claim-obligation relationship exists as a result of using the website, stored until the settlement of the claim-obligation even if the user has cancelled their membership) In the case that agreement for a separate storage period has been obtained from the managing subject, stored until the separately agreed upon time even if the user has cancelled their membership
- Article 4(Process and Method for the Destruction of Personal Information)
- WareVally Co., Ltd will destroy its stored personal information according to the follow procedure.
Once the personal information has achieved its intended purpose of collection and use, it will be destroyed without delay.
However, depending on internal policies and other related laws (refer to Storage and Use Period of Personal Information), the company may be required to continue storing personal information. In this case, the personal information will be moved to a separate DB or storage location and kept, and the company will not use this personal information for any other purposes beyond storage unless required to do so by law.
Personal information stored in the form of electronic files will be deleted in a technical method that prevents the records from being restored, while personal information printed on paper will be shredded through the use of a shredder or incinerated.
- Article 5 (Provision and Sharing of Personal Information)
- WareValley does not provide the personal information of its data subjects to third parties on principle. However, exceptions are made in the following cases.
When consent is obtained from the data subjects
When required to do so by provisions in laws, or when requested by an investigative agency in accordance with the procedures and methods lined out in a law for the purpose of conducting an investigation
- Article 6 (Handling and Entrustment of Collected Personal Information)
- In order to carry out its services, WareValley entrusts the management of its personal information as follows, and when making entrustment contracts in accordance with related laws, will regulate the content as required to ensure the safe management of the personal information.
Details of Entrusted Work of Trustees
Santaclaus-wink System Management and Operation
Any changes or additions to the details of the entrusted work or trustees will be announced through the Personal Information Processing Policy or other suitable methods.
- Article 7 (Rights and Duties of Data Subjects and Methods for Exercise of Rights and Duties)
- Data subjects may request to WareVaelly to view, correct, erase, or suspend the processing of their registered personal information at any time.
To exercise rights in accordance with Paragraph 1, fill out Form 8 of the Enforcement Rules to Personal Information Protection Act and send it through post, e-mail, FAX, etc., and WareValley will take action in response without delay.
- Article 8 (Items on Installation and Operation of Automatic Personal Information Collection Tools and Denial Thereof)
WareValley operates cookies to regularly store and find the information of its members.
Cookies are miniscule pieces of data that are automatically sent to the users’ computers when they access the WareValley website, and are encrypted and saved as text files in their hard disk drives (HDDs).
WareValley utilizes cookies for the following purposes.
Cookies are used for authentication when logging on to the WareValley website, and to save user IDs for later use. By using these cookies, WareValley can understand how visitors to the website utilize its services, allowing it to create and provide even more useful and convenient services.
Members have the right to choose whether they wish to receive cookies or not. They can use the settings of their web browsers to accept all cookies, verify cookies each time they are saved, or keep cookies from being saved altogether. However, refusing to allow cookies will result in certain services that require users to log in to use from being available.
(e.g., Internet Explorer: Tool > Internet Options > Privacy)
- Article 9 (Privacy Officers)
- In order to protect the personal information of its data subjects, WareValely has designated personnel from each department as privacy officers. The contact information for the personal information representatives are as follows.
Name: Lee Na-rae
Affiliation: Strategic Business Division
TEL: +82 2 2132 5504
Data subjects may contact the Privacy Officers and their corresponding departments for all civil complaints related to personal information as a result of their use of WareValley’s services. WareValley will promptly reply to and handle these inquiries. For other reports or consultations on invasion of personal information, please contact the following organizations.
- Privacy Center
- ePrivacy Mark Certification Committee
- Cybercrime Investigation Center, Supreme Prosecutor’s Office Republic of Korea
- Cyber Terror Response Center
- Article 10 (Methods to Ensure Safety of Personal Information)
- WareValley has prepared numerous security systems as technical measures to protect the personal information of its data subjects. WareValley stores and manages all information sent by its data subjects securely through the use of security systems such as firewalls. Additionally, WareValley has set up procedures required to be able to access and manage the personal information of data subjects as a managerial measure for its protection, and has minimized the number of personnel who are allowed to handle the personal information while at the same time conducting regular security training for these personnel. Furthermore, it has designated users for the personal information processing system and granted them passwords that are regularly renewed.
- Article 11 (Notification to Changes in the Personal Information Processing Policy)
- This policy was enacted in November 13, 2013, and any additions, deletions, or modifications to the policy as a result of newly enacted or revised laws, changes in government policy, changes in WareValley’s internal policy, or changes in security technology will be announced on the WareValley website as well as the reasons for the changes at least 7 days before the enforcement of the newly changed Personal Information Processing Policy.
- Personal Information Processing Policy Version No.: V1.0
- Enforcement Date: November 13, 2013